Ever since he could talk (and maybe even before then), Max has had an imaginary friend called his Bro. Over the years, Max has created the most amazing, intricate life for his Bro. Whenever Max and I are alone together, he tells me about his Bro who is half human, half robot. As we get in the car after school, he starts speaking about his Bro as if we just left off the conversation a few moments ago. There is so much I know about his Bro already.
The first thing you should know is that his Bro is very shy, so you won’t ever see him, only Max can see him. His Bro used to live on a hill with a 1000 kitties, but that was a few years ago when Max was about 5 or so, he might have moved since then. His Bro’s mother is awesome. She lets his Bro basically do whatever he wants to do. Lucky fish! His Bro’s mother has 49 brothers!! She was the only girl. Poor woman.
Max’s Bro goes wherever Max goes. In fact, Max told me this morning that once Kate goes to sleep (Kate and Max share a room by choice), his Bro comes to lie with him. Sometimes when we are driving, Max will whisper that his Bro is right besides us. His Bro is a good friend.
I’ve recorded Max speaking about him over the years, it is so sweet. There are literally 1000s of stories about his Bro, but the one thing you should know about his Bro, is that whatever you can do, his Bro can do better / bigger / faster / more impressively. Here are just some of the things his Bro can do:
- His Bro doesn’t have a six pack, he has a 40 pack
- His Bro has the world record for the longest bed (because he is so tall)
- His Bro can do 100 reverse cap bottle flips in a row
- His Bro has caught all the Pokemon in the Pokedex, including all the rares and the legendaries.
- His Bro actually created Pluto.
- Can spin all the planets on his finger tip for 12 seconds
- Can catch every single Pokemon with a normal Pokeball, no razzberries.
- His Bro has the most kills in Pixel Gun
- His Bro has the world’s biggest fidget spinner
- His Bro has 10 world records already.
- His Bro can run faster than the fastest car in the world.
- His Bro’s teacher allows him to bring any device he wants to class. Even a flat screen TV!!
- In his Bro’s dimension, there are no baddies
These are just some of the things his Bro can do. There are a hundred others.
As Max has gotten older, I think he realizes that not everyone will appreciate his Bro, so he only talks about his Bro with people he trusts. If Max has spoken about his Bro to you, count yourself lucky – he trusts you. The twins are under STRICT instruction not to tease him about his Bro or say things like he isn’t real.
I love listening to Max’s stories about his Bro. The detail he puts into his stories, the amazing relationship he has with his Bro. I think it’s a beautiful thing, and I hope it lasts for as long as he needs the friendship with his Bro.