I am in the process of buying a new car, which is proving far more difficult than I expected! It is such a big (expensive) decision and I am really struggling with making a final choice. My choice is surprising limited, but perhaps it is because I am looking for a car that is both practical and sexy (<-- bit like me), two things which apparently don't go together in a car. But I will not be deterred, after all if I can do both, then so should my car.
I want a car that is relatively powerful, relatively fast and relatively spacious. I have a budget of R350k, and these are my choices so far:
- VW Touran: Pro - affordable & spacious. Con - boring old fart car, ZERO sex appeal
- VW Tiguan: Pro - spacious and sexy. Drives really beautifully. Con - bloody expensive (way above budget)
- Merc C180 Estate: Pro - stylish, sexy'ish, big boot plus I can get a v good deal on the car. Con - smaller inside than the MPVs. But can a station wagon be sexy??
- Honda CRV: Pro - everyone seems to love them. Con - Don't need 4x4 and my husband and father don't like them. Still need to test drive one myself.
- Toyota Verso: Pro - Affordable. Con - very, very boring car
- Toyota Fortuner: Pro - ideal in terms of space. Con - drives like a tractor
- Renault Scenic: Pro - great in terms of space. Con - service is so shockingly bad, I am not sure I can put myself through that ever again.
Out of my price range are the X3, the X5, Q5, Q7, Toureg, Volvo XC90 etc.I am leaning towards the Merc. Any suggestions / opinions?